For my current rug I decided that the light values I was hooking with were not the right value but were too light for this design. So I chose deep earthy from my Dusty Dye Book swatches as the perfect color and value, and am going to dye it in three 1/2 yard batches so that I can get some variation in each one.
I measured slight variations of the formula into 3 separate jars. In one jar I used a very slightly rounded measure of one of the dye powders, in another a bit less, one jar held the original formula with no variations.
Each quarter yard was processed separately on the stovetop.
After rinsing and spinning out the water in my washing machine, I dried the wool. Only then can you really tell how everything came out.
I am very happy with how the colors came out. The slight differences in color will be an asset to the design. As little color as there is in these wools, they are very important to the success of my design. The neutrals set the stage for the other colors.
Using a 7 cutter head, I am cutting extra long strips for the rug I am hooking with my tufting tool that I posted about a couple of days ago.
Have a creative day ~ Karen